Positive Behaviour Support (Introduction)(HSC-105) Face to face classroom training
This course provides the knowledge and skills necessary for people to understand the principle of Positive Behaviour Support and how to implement it, along with practical de-escalation techniques.
This course is designed for those responsible for providing direct support on a daily or regular basis in a paid capacity. Those providing support in an unpaid capacity, such as family carers. No prior knowledge is required to undertake this course.
- Values and Components of PBS
- Understanding Behaviour
- Person-centred Planning
- Behaviour Support Plan (BSP)
- Implementing the Behaviour Support Plan
- Providing Supportive and Capable
- Challenge Beliefs that Shape Practice
- Understand Restrictive Practice
- Reducing Restrictive Practice
- De-escalation Techniques & Strategies
Delegates will have the knowledge and skills to implement a Positive Behaviour Support ethos in their organisation. They will understand the values of PBS, what effect behaviour and person-centred planning with a behaviour support plan and how to implement it. They will have the knowledge and skills to de-escalate behaviours that challenge.
Assessment is by practical observation, Question and Answer, discussion groups led by tutor and a written test.
Successful candidates will be presented with a certificate and a signed observation sheet detailing instructor observation of completing the correct techniques.
- Positive Behavioural Support (PBS) Competence Framework
- Improving the quality of Positive Behavioural Support (PBS): The standards for training
- CQC Key Lines of Enquiry (KLOE)
- The Following Diploma in Care RQF Units
- – HSC 2012 Support individuals who are distressed
- – LD 203 Provide active support
- – MCA 01 Awareness of the Mental Capacity Act2005
- – HSC 3065 Implement the positive behavioural support model
- – 032 Lead positive behavioural support
- HSC-023 – Challenging Behaviour, Managing Aggression, Practical Interventions
- Positive Behavioural Support (PBS) – Intermediate
- Positive Behavioural Support (PBS) – Advanced