Moving and Handling of People(HSC-070) Face to face classroom training
One day Moving and Handling training for carers course. Enables care workers to undertake moving and handling safely. Split between theory and practical sessions. Delegates undertake practical techniques. Techniques include; the use of a hoist, slide sheets, transfer boards, stand aids and other moving and handling equipment.
Staff who may need to undertake moving and handling as part of their caring duties. No prior knowledge is required to undertake this course.
- Legislation Regarding Moving and Handling.
- Principles of Moving and Handling.
- Basic Physiology.
- Posture and The Spine.
- What Injuries Occur and When.
- Risk Assessments.
- Moving and Handling Plan.
- Techniques for Moving and Handling of People.
- Use of Moving and Handling Aids and Equipment.
Knowledge and skills to undertake moving and handling safely. Delegates will be able to demonstrate the correct techniques. This will include the most common types of transfer, which aids to use and how to use them.
Assessment is by exam and practical observation.
Successful candidates will be presented with a certificate and a signed observation sheet. Instructor observation of completing the correct techniques
- The Care Certificate Standard 13
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 (amended 2002)
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998
- CQC Key Lines of Enquiry (KLOE)
- The Following Diploma in Care RQF Units
- Move and position individuals in accordance with their plan and care – J/601/8027
- Health, safety and wellbeing in care settings – J/616/8476
- Understanding and Enabling Assisting and Moving Individuals – K/502/7583
- Moving and Handling of People Refresher (HSC-072)
- Moving and Handling of People – Key Mover (Advanced) (HSC-071)
- Moving and Handling of People Train the Trainer (HSC-120)